Thursday, January 19, 2012

Shining Light


As I spoke about in my last post, unemployment is a pill I've been swallowing for the last few months. In my quest to finding employment, many ideas arose on how to make money. One bright idea I came across was working from home. How hard could it be, right? Shoot, let some of the commercials tell it, it's super easy and almost impossible not to make money!! Well put me on a train and lets go!!!

My mother always brought me with her when someone had a new opportunity for her to make money!! 10 out of 10 times they were pyramid schemes. I get you plus two other people to jump into the business and then you get three people and then they get people and waaalaaa, "We're Rich -----"! Well, hold up, hold up, hold up...... LOL.... If only it was that easy! It's so much more to it. First they ask you to pay them anywhere from $100-$400 to get your business up and running. Then you have to pay about $30 a month to keep your website up. Alot of these businesses also request your persuasive skills to encourage customers to purchase their products over the products customers are comfortable with. Granted not all "start your own business" schemes are like this, just the ones I've come across. To me you're not a business owner but merely a sales representative! I don't know, just my opinion. Some of these businesses actually work quite well for people. I have a couple of friends who are involved in this line of work and stand by it wholeheartedly. It just isn't for me, Bruh!

Anyway, like I was saying, I come across alot of "income from home" type things. If they sound interesting, I always research it by googling the name and then including "scam" right afterwards and see what comes up. I think I was researching New Online Incomes by Diana Thompson and there were alot of negative reviews. People were believing that it was a legitimate business because it was being featured by well known television broadcasting agencies and also by major radio stations. Unsatisfied customers wanted to know who to complain to. Well of course the first place you think of is the Better Business Bureau (BBB), right? Well 20/20 did an investigation on the rating scheme of the BBB and their findings will shock you! Watch the video!


Crazy, huh? LOL I was like, "Wooooww". Everybody is starting to be in it for the money! Well, after the investigation, BBB did apologize and stated that they were reevaluating the rating scheme.

People put alot of trust into those three blue letters. I hope this shines a light on the fact that just because the business is a member of the BBB and even has grade A performance doesn't mean that much anymore.


No comments:

Post a Comment